Friday 2 March 2012

LO-FI ZINE Assignment : Task 8 & 9 : Final Zine and Evaluation










I have really enjoyed this project as I have loved photographing my dog. I think my images work really well as a set and look great in the zine format. I originally created a mock up using photographic paper which was only printed on one side, so there was a blank page between each image. In my mock up my images were full page photographs which I didn't like and I decided that I wanted a boarder to make my zine look more clean and professional. In the images of my final zine above you can see that I added a boarder to my images - this makes the book look more aesthetically pleasing as it looks more thought out and professional. I have bound my book using traditional black ring-binding. I wanted my zine to be bound like this rather than it to be sewn because I thought that if I had sewn it, it would have looked more handmade and not as professional.

I used time management well on this project as I disciplined myself to get different aspects of the work done at different times. I made sure that I had a large collection of images of my dog from various photo-shoots so that I could narrow them down, edit them and choose an order for a zine with careful consideration so my zine would look the best it could.

Here are some images of my zine on the stall at the book fair :





I think the stall at the International Artists Book Fair looked really lovely and all the zines together looked really good. I was very proud of my zine to be on there and I would have loved to have known what people at the book fair who looked at it thought of it, and I would have loved to have got some feedback from them about my zine.

No comments:

Post a Comment