Thursday 15 September 2011

Experimenting with light

Cars :



These images were taken on a pedestrian bridge near Osgodby, North Yorkshire. I set up my tripod and tested out different shutter speeds as cars went by to see what I could capture. I think these images have been quite successful and I would like to try out this style of photography in different locations.


Glow Sticks :



 These images were taken using different coloured glow sticks and a long shutter speed. I was aiming to experiment with making different shapes, lines and patterns. I think these images have worked well and I really like the heart image. The second image reminds me of a fire ball.


Out and About :






These images were taken during a photography session out in York one night. I experimented with the techniques used in my 'Focus?' blog - adjusting shutter speeds and focuses to create ineresting shapes within pictures. I really like these images and how artistic they are. I especially like the last one, it was taken down by the River Ouse in York - focusing on the reflection of lights from buildings then zooming out whilst the picture was taking on a long shutter speed. I love the colours that these images create.

This final picture was taken at Portishead Marina, Bristol. I put my camera on a long shutter speed and zoomed out as the image was capturing. I love the futuristic feel to this image and the colours of the water and the sky are gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment