Tuesday 20 September 2011

Light Drawing

 



Today we were using slow shutter speed to create light drawings. These were the first two photographs I took of my teacher waving his phone around on a shutter speed of five seconds, ISO 1600, F22. These images are too light so I lowered the ISO.


Here I lowered the ISO slightly, however I wanted to achieve a shot which was just black with the light drawing.







Here we were creating lines just using white light. We were experimenting with creating different shapes, whilst changing the ISO to get different amounts of background light.

 





Here I introduced coloured lights to my pictures. I was also experimenting with how much light was being let into my camera by my ISO setting. Although in some of my pictures you can see blurred figures I quite like that and I like the energy within them.

 



Here I was capturing things with light being drawn round them. Rochelle has a halo in the first photograph and the mac is illuminated. I really enjoyed this style of experimental more artistic photography and I would like to continue using this style in my own time.




No comments:

Post a Comment