Sunday 23 October 2011

The Big Fish Event

The Big Fish Event was a free music event for Leeds City College students at The Well, Leeds. There was two stages - Main stage and an Acoustic stage. Photography and Media students were encouraged to go and capture the event to boost their portfolios. I was keen to go because I love photography and music and to combine the two would be a huge thing for me. At first I found it difficult to get the settings right on my camera and trying to adjust to the low light but after a while I got the hang of it. I absolutely loved this experiece, I loved doing the photography and I really enjoyed the music that was being played too. Here are some of my images:
RANDOM EVENT PHOTOGRAPHY:


























BACKSTAGE: ROB GREEN:











ACOUSTIC STAGE: LEEDS CITY STOMPERS:
















MAIN STAGE: LOOSE TALK COSTS LIVES:
























ACOUSTIC STAGE: ROB GREEN:


















MAIN STAGE: CIRCLES:























































ACOUSTIC STAGE: MARION ZUBRZYCKI W/CHRIS FERGUSON






MAIN STAGE: EUREKA MACHINES:














































ACOUSTIC STAGE: ELLEN & THE ESCAPADES:
















I am really pleased with my images considering that this was the first gig I ever shot. I found the acoustic stage more difficult to shoot because it was smaller and there was less space to move around in and the lighting was very low so it was quite difficult to get a clear image. I had such a good time and I thought it was a very well organised event with very good acts. I will hopefully be going again next time. To improve my images in further shoots like this I could really take my time making sure the settings are correct to suit the lighting and surroundings to capture the best image possible. I also believe that with a better quality of lens it would cope more in the low lighting than my own very cheap one - this is limiting as I would need more money/ a bigger budget for the shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment