Monday 17 October 2011

Do things look better in Black and White?



The black and white image is quite effective because my dog is black and white however I like the contrast between him and the greenery in the background. I really like this image, my dog is so photogenic!



For this set of images I think I prefer the black and white one. I like the composition of this image and the way your eye is lead into the focal point of the image which is York Minster. I would like to come back to this same spot in the winter when there are no leaves on the trees and you can see the Minster so clearly. 



Out of these two images I prefer the coloured one. I really like the different colours captured, especially the blues and greens. 



I really like this image because it is quite comical as it looks like the geese are going for an ice cream. This shot was taken outside Clifford's Tower in York - where lots of wild geese live. I think I prefer the colour image because of the vivid green grass and orange feet. It might look quite interesting if everything in the picture was black and white except the orange feet.



When I saw these two pigeons sat on this sign I thought that it would be a really nice picture. Out of the two images I think I prefer the coloured one because I like the contrast of the black/white/grey birds against the orangey red brick.



I personally prefer the black and white image when it comes to this photograph of this old church wall. It goes well along side the imagery as it makes it look more old and authentic. 



Out of the two images of the bench, I prefer the black and white one as I like the way that it has brought out the different tones in the flakey paintwork.



I don't think this is a very good image just looking down some stairs however I think the fact that I made it black and white has improved it slightly.



I really like the black and white image because it makes the sky look more moody - I love moody skies and when I look through most of my inspiration (photographers work) most of the pictures that I like have an interesting sky.



I think that this macro image of the cocktail sticks is more successful in colour because the cocktail sticks look golden and really invite you into the photograph.



I really like this macro image of a zip - I think it has worked very well and it is really unusual. I think I prefer the image in colour because I like how vivid it is and it seems to be in more detail when it's in colour.



I quite like both these images and don't have a preference as to which one I think is the most effective. I like the simplicity of the black and white photograph however I like the orange haze that is in the background of the colour image. 



Although I like the black and white photograph, I much prefer the coloured one because the sky was so blue and clear the day that I took the photograph it ruins the picture to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment