Tuesday 10 January 2012

DOCUMENTARY Assignment : Part 2 : Task 5 : Editing Process


First I opened the image and selected Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Levels




When the histogram appeared, I selected the individual colours (red, green, blue) and adjusted the levels by sliding the arrows across the bottom so that they are pointing at where the histogram starts instead of at the end of a flat line. This alters the colours making them look slightly more vibrant and appealing.


Then I went to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Curves


When the histogram appears it looks like this - a straight diagonal line.


I created adjustment points on the line by selecting a point on the line and dragging it. Here I have selected two points - one to make the light bits lighter and one to make the dark bits darker.

These two processes make images look more vibrant and professional.
I use this process on all of my photographs in my final set of images representing Person X. 

No comments:

Post a Comment