Thursday 5 January 2012

IMAGE AND TEXT Assignment : Task 9 : Proposal


For the next set of images I would like to produce, I want to try and use both traditional in-camera techniques and modern digital in-camera techniques that are colourful. I would like to use colour within my images because I think that the student life is quite colorful.

A student may tell you that it is very dull and boring, however, students experience the joy of being educated – a very interesting and fun experience to expand the knowledge to further them in their career paths or just for personal knowledge gain. They are usually also at an age where it is a lot of fun, they are usually living with their parents, and possibly have part time jobs, so at an age where they are earning money and having a good time but not quite paying their own way, so life is usually quite care free for students. I very much enjoy being a student, I love learning about something that I am passionate about and constantly feel good about improving my knowledge and skill in a particular subject. I also like the other sides to student life, e.g. going out eating or drinking, or just being with friends or peers in or out of the college environment. I would like this to be reflected in my photographs so I am going to create imagery which is very colourful to show how exciting student life really is.

I will use different coloured filters and coloured vignettes to create different effects and moods within images. Using traditional in-camera techniques, I will use things such as coloured transparent sweet wrappers, cling film with colours painted onto them using things like nail varnish, pen, lipstick, etc. I could mix Vaseline with coloured eyeshadow or lipstick to create a coloured blur around the lens when applied to the filter on the end of the lens. For modern digital in-camera techniques I will use Photoshop to apply different coloured effects on top of my images. I will use things like solid colour filters which can be reduced in opacity to reveal the image underneath and show it to have a tint. I could also use the eraser tool with a solid colour layer working from the centre outwards to create a coloured vignette. I could also apply a gradient over the top of my image to show different colours depending on the subject matter in the photograph, I will then alter the opacity to reveal the image underneath with a tint of more than one colour.

I would like to try and show lots of different aspects of the student life within these images: college and study work, meeting with friends, eating lots of food, possibly students in the work place. I think colour represents the student life really well and my images will hopefully look really good as a set. I will take what I have learnt from experimenting with other techniques and use that in photographing this set of images representing student life.

No comments:

Post a Comment