Tuesday 31 January 2012

PAINTING2PHOTOGRAPHY Assignment : Task 2 & 7 : Research : Phillipp Klinger


















DISCLAIMER: All of these images were taken by Phillipp Klinger.
None of the above images are my own.



Phillipp Klinger is an architecture and landscape photographer from Germany. I absolutely love his work and how lots of shapes and lines are represented within his images. I also really love how in a lot of his work he centres himself to take the image to give the appearence of symmetry. He shows the true beauty that architects and designers create through buildings. He is very lucky to have been in the right place at the right time where no-one is around (unless he has a photographers pass or has photoshopped any people out of the images). His photographs are beautifully composed and look more like works of art. I am absolutely amazed at nearly every photograph of his that I look at. His images often don't have much colour in them (they're either greyscale, black and white or just muted colours). I think this is because the buildings are so dramatic and the shapes he captures make the images quite powerful so he probably feels he doesn't need colour to enhance them. Klinger's images really inspire me and make me want to travel and see all the beautiful architecture the world has. I think that Klinger spends a long time planning out his compositions to get the impact he wants. He has an eye for stunning architecture. The buildings he photographs always seem to have lots of lines, curves, squares, etc. Klinger also always manages to capture beautiful lighting (whether it's natal or artificial ) his images appear to glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment