Thursday 12 January 2012

DOCUMENTARY Assignment : Part 2 : Task 6 & 7 : Investigating ways to present final artwork

Standard Prints:


Standard prints would have a different effect on the viewer depending on the size. Smaller ones would be more intimate and make the viewer pick them up and really look at them closely, whereas large prints would make a bigger impact. I don't think that I will use standard prints to present my final images because to display the narrative effectively an order needs to be kept and loose prints may get mixed up and therefore not display the narrative properly.



Spiral Bound Photobook:


I may display my images in a photobook because the order will always be kept so the narrative will always be displayed as images won't get mixed up. I like the idea that the viewer has something to hold and it is a more intimate way of viewing photographs rather than displaying them in a gallery.

Scrapbook:
Displaying my photographs in a scrapbook might work well because they are supposed to display narrative about my mum and I could make the scrapbook pages describe her by using certain colours etc. However, this has a risk of looking a little unprofessional if it is handmade.

Photo cube:



I think this would be a very interesting and different way of presenting photographs because the audience can pick up the cube and move it around to see different images and the viewing experience is very intimate as they get to touch the finished product. I think that this would look really good, however, these cubes would need 6 square images and I have 12 rectangular images so this form of presenting my final artwork is not right for my set of images.

Alternative:
 



I really like these alternative forms of displaying imagery. I may want to present my final images on a large board in two or three lines. This may be quite effective as the viewer can look at all of the images at the same time, as opposed to flicking through the images one by one in a book.



Animation:

I could present my images in an animation with sound and control how fast the images go depending on the music being played in the background - I could play a song that my mum likes and further relate it to her, however, I would personally like to have a physical final product (e.g. prints or a book) rather than a digital final product (an animation).



Testing different layouts:


Here is a contact sheet of my final ordered images.




I think this layout of my images is a bit too busy and I don't really like my images cropped down to squares since I took them as rectangles without the intention of changing them to squares so the composition isn't right. I will not be displaying my final images like this.




I quite like this mosaic style idea, however, it crops the images down even more and almost takes some of the narrative away from them as they're not whole images. I will not be displaying my final images like this.



I really like this form of presenting my photographs - I like how clean they look with the white gaps between the imagery. I may present my photographs similar to this - printed out and mounted on a large piece of card/foam board.



Here my images are in the 'scattered' style. I don't really like this because I think it makes them look a little untidy and this wouldn't fit the brief as they are supposed to look as professional as possible.





No comments:

Post a Comment