Monday 16 January 2012

IMAGE AND TEXT Assignment : Task 8 : Images showing student life : More images



I haven't applied an in camera effect to this image, however, I did use a narrow depth of field so that only the assignment sheet was in focus which is another side to student life.


For this image I applied a Gaussian Blur using Photoshop. I then used the eraser tool to remove a diagonal section of the blur where the glasses are in this image. 



For this effect I applied a red tint over the image. I applied a red colour fill layer because of the red tomato sauce in the image. I then lowered the opacity of the fill layer so that the image was revealed underneath with a red tint on the top. This image shows student life because it shows fast food which I'm sure a lot of students eat. This was taken in Pizza Hut which is a restaurant aimed at students as they do student discount.



For this effect I have applied a blue vignette around the image using modern digital in-camera techniques in Photoshop. I chose blue because of the blue chair in the background of this image.



These two images were created using traditional in-camera techniques. For this effect I used cling film over the end of the lens. I really like the effect of this technique but I still found it just as hard as the first time that I shot with cling film. I love how raw this looks because it is a traditional in-camera technique, however it is hard to get an image just right with the focus etc.


Here I took a photograph of students enjoying a DJ lesson from local DJ Danny Bond. I applied a modern digital in-camera effect using photoshop. I applied a sort of vignette but a very large one. I added a solid black fill layer and removed a line of it from the image using the eraser tool. I quite like this hazy effect.







I decided to photograph the drinking side of student life as a different aspect since I am revisiting the topic. I have added different in-camera techniques to these images to give them different appearances. I really like these images and how colourful they are and they have inspired me to make my proposal about student life on the theme of colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment