Monday 16 January 2012

IMAGE AND TEXT Assignment : Task 11 : Analyse the work you have produced

I am pleased with my final outcome because they fit the brief as they show different aspects of student life. They are fit for purpose as they are images framed using mount board which could then be displayed around college. They are also fit for purpose because I have accomplished what I set myself in my own brief to show that student life is colorful. All of my images are either colorful to start with or have had in-camera effects added to them to make them colorful. I like the composition of my final imagery because I have placed three images on each mount which are all similar to each other or work well as a set. Although I loved how raw the traditional in-camera techniques looked, most of the images I have produced have been made using modern digital in-camera techniques. This is because I think that my images look more professional this way - and therefore making them fit for purpose as the brief stated that our images had to look professional.

Here are some images of my final pieces:




Seeing the images all laid out together I think they look really good and really work well as a set. I think they fit the brief that I set myself really well as I wanted to portray the meaning 'Student Life Is Colourful' and I think I did this really well, and it is shown even more when the images are all together like this.




I have professionally mounted them using Dharla Board. This makes them fit for purpose as they are supposed to look as professional as possible. To do this I used a mounting tool which cuts the boards to a professional finish with the indentation on the frame around the image. This makes them really aesthetically pleasing and I personally think they look nicer this way than if I had just presented them in a powerpoint presentation. The black framing really draws attention to how colourful my imagery is too.



I have arranged and framed my photographs in sets of themes relating to different aspects of student life. This one is of people having fun at the fair, being friendly and for me to portray just how colourful student life is. I like the composition order with people, bumper cars and people. These type of sets make it easier for the audience to know what I was trying to communicate and to see different aspects of student life.


 


This set represents the drinking side of student life. Lots of people know that students like to go out drining and having a good time. Here I have arranged the images in a similar composition order - drinking, dancing, drinking. This set of images is on a smaller framed Dharla Board because I took them on a different camera and the file sizes were different. Dispite this, I still think they fit really well into my set even though they aren't the same size as the others.


 


This set of images represents the music side of student life. This may not be the case for ALL students, but it certainly is a huge part of my student life. I love music and I love going to gigs. Most of my money earnt at my part time job goes on gigs and music events. These images were taken at the Reel Big Fish event where I photographed the bands on and off stage. I particularly liked the way the musicians' feet looked on stage with all the equipment around them. I also loved the colour schemes (the blues and greens) - they really contributed to my set and added to the 'Student Life Is Colourful' theme.


 


This set of images is just a general look at different aspects of student life - eating, studying, gaming. The first image was taken in Pizza Hut - this relates to students as their food is targeted at students seeing as they do student discount. I know a lot of students that eat there so I thought the image was apropriate. Studying is also a huge part of student life and is the reason why people become students - to study and to learn. Gaming is also related to students and the younger generation.


Overall I am very pleased with my images - they fit the brief, work really well as sets of images (as a whole and in sets of three). I am generally pleased with how the project has gone and am proud of what I have achieved. At first I had no clue how I wanted to describe student life and wracked my brains for a long time as to how to go about it. It was only when I stopped thinking about it when I came up with the idea of colour. I noticed that a lot of my test shots were quite colourful and decided to take it from there and write my proposal. I think that I have produced a professional set of imagery using in-camera techniques which could then be displayed around college.

No comments:

Post a Comment