Tuesday 3 January 2012

Photoshop Actions : Contrast / Black & White



Here I was testing out how to create actions using Photoshop which then could be applied to multiple photographs to give them a similar finish and then they could be put together as a set of photographs. The action that I created was a Contrast / Black & White. For this I selected Window > Actions > New Action > Name : Contrast / Black & White > Record. After that point, Photoshop was recording everything I did so that it was a default action. Everything I did would then be ready to apply to other photographs to give the same effect. Whilst my action was recording, I selected Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Contrast - and increased the contrast up to it's maximum. I then selected Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Black & White. I then pressed the stop button so Photoshop was no longer recording the action. 



Here I have applied the action to two different photographs. I really like the effect on the top image of the wheel because it seems to have intensified the sky. 



No comments:

Post a Comment