Tuesday 29 November 2011

DOCUMENTARY Assignment - Part 2 : Task 1 : Research : Leeds 2011

For this assignment we have been given three themes to choose from and photograph using documentary photography. The first theme is 'Leeds 2011'

Possible ideas for this could be photographing a particular aspect of a place. In the brief we were given the theme of Leeds 2011 but as I live in York I may photograph York instead. I could focus on certain aspects such as:
- homelessness
- stereotypes: goths, punks, chavs
- showing the nice parts of York and trying to advertise it
- showing the awful parts of York for a more dramatic effect
- street photography could be used to photograph people and architecture

I personally love York and am very proud to live there. It is a beautiful city which is very photogenic so could work well for this project.


Martin Parr:





These images were taken by Martin Parr of Leeds. These show different aspects of Leeds from people in shops to workmen on their break to a prisoner having his lunch. These images primarily involve people more than Leeds itself, for my own project I think I will focus more on the architecture of York because it is so attractive.



York Photographer : Ross Photography 









DISCLAIMER: None of the above images are my own.


I really like these images taken of York. These are really nice examples of street photography and conveys well the old architecture and the life within York. If I was to go out and do some photography along this theme I would try to capture the history and tourism within York.



No comments:

Post a Comment