Thursday 24 November 2011

STUDIO TECHNIQUES Assignment : Portraiture : Peacock : Task 10


1/125 F5.6 ISO 100  ^




1/125 F4.5 ISO 100  ^


1/125 F5 ISO 100  ^

I love this image and the depth of field between the models eyes in the background and the peacock feathers in the foreground. The disadvantage of this image is that the eye on the right is at a very high risk of being cropped out of the image. 


1/125 F4.8 ISO 100  ^


1/125 F5.3 ISO 100  ^


1/125 F5 ISO 100  ^


1/125 F4.8 ISO 100  ^

I love this image and how the light is being reflected off the models face.




1/125 F5.3 ISO 100  ^


1/125 F5 ISO 100  ^




1/125 F3.8 ISO 100  ^


1/125 F4.8 ISO 100  ^

I really like this shot but I don't think it contributes a lot to the set of images because the main theme of this set of portraits is the theme of a Peacock and the close up beauty style shots show represent the theme better. 









1/125 F4.2 ISO 100  ^




1/125 F4.8 ISO 100  ^

The colours of the eyeshadow really picks up on the colours of the Peacock feathers.





1/125 F16 ISO 400  ^

I really like these images, I layed out the feathers to make it look like the feathers on a peacock when they display them all fanned out. They work really well with my models flowing red hair and peacock earrings.



These photographs match my proposal because I wanted to create photographs based on the style of beauty photography, and on the theme of peacocks - inspired by James Nader. My images are based on his work but are in my own style. I could improve my photographs or other shoots by intensifying the makeup and making it more dramatic so that I could get close ups of the models eyes - these kind of photographs may be very stunning and have a big impact on the audience. I think that my photographs look really good in high key, too. It would be interesting to see how a blue/green background would have looked and changed the appearance of my images, but unfortunately there was only white, yellow and red available and white was the only appropriate colour. I think my model looks very beautiful in my photographs and the colour of her hair happens to look really good with the colours of the peacock feathers. The fact that I tried out and researched different makeup looks before the shoot really helped me when it came to the shoot because then I would know what I wanted to do instead of wasting valuable time in the studio trying different make-up looks. I bought various different probs (e.g. feathers from a seller on Amazon, feather earrings from Claire's Accessories and a peacock feather ring). These really enhanced my photoshoot so was well worth spending the extra money on. I am very proud of my final images and think my work has paid off and I think that I have a really nice set of images that work well together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment