Friday 25 November 2011

IMAGE AND TEXT Assignment : Task 5 : Recreating favourite images

Here are my favourite three images using in-camera techniques and how I have tried to recreate them:


Bokeh Effect : This effect is created by holding a cut out shape over the lens of the camera and making the image really out of focus. The aperture then believes that the hole has changed from a round one to the shape of the cut out in front of the lens. In this case the cut out shape was a heart. All of the lights in this skyline would have been round blurry dots but the bohek effect has changed them into hearts.


This is my own images using the bokeh effect. I lit 5 tea lights and made the image out of focus. I then held a cut out of a star over the end of my lens to create this effect. 






Confetti Filter: This effect has been created by applying confetti to the lens. I really love this image because the confetti isn't opaque and therefore you can still see the dog through it. It makes a simple image really artistic and looks like the dog is showered in love.


This was my first attempt at the confetti filter effect. I wanted the dog to be in focus aswell as the confetti but I couldn't achieve this and so my dog is in focus with just lots of coloured blurry dots surrounding him. 


In this image the confetti and the vaseline that I used to stick the confetti to the lens are in focus and the subject (the remote control) is out of focus. I really love the original image that I was trying to recreate, however, I found recreating the image really difficult because I could never get a happy medium between focusing on the confetti or the subject.





Vaseline Filter: For this effect Vaseline (Petrolium Jelly) is applied to the lens. This could be all over the lens to create a whole blur or just a section (in this case - the outer edges). I really like this effect because is draws your eye to the centre of the image or the focal point and almost creates movement within the image.


This is my favorite in camera effect because I have found it works really well in trying to recreate the image I had chosen. I really love how raw the image looks compared to if I had edited it using photoshop. I also love how seamless the blur is and how professional it looks. It really draws the audience's eye into the photograph and the focal point of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment