Tuesday 1 November 2011

STUDIO TECHNIQUES Assignment : Task 2 : Research : James Nader





I really love this image, the model is gorgeous and although in a very simple setting (in a run down doorway) it works really well with the model and what she is wearing.









I really like these shots because of the sepia tones they have. He has made them look very old fashioned and it works great. I especially like the interesting angle of capturing someone through a window, with the reflection of the car outside in the image aswell.













I absolutely love the simplistic backgrounds of these images and how they are different tones of a colour - I would really like to try something like this in my own portraiture work, e.g. having a purple toned background to go alongside purple makeup my model may wear.





This image is very interesting I love the contrast between her bright orange/red dress and the dark moody sky and background.














I love this set of images! I really like the greeny/grey colours. I also like how Nader has used mirrors to create effect.












This particular image of his has inspired me to go down the route of beauty photography. I would really love to create something with a simplistic background such as this with a halo effect around the model who will be wearing dramatic make-up like Nader has used here.










DISCLAIMER: All of these images were taken by James Nader.
None of the above images are my own.
Images taken from http://www.jamesnader.com/


I think that Nader's work is very professional and I love how he uses lots of different styles and scenery to produce different outcomes. I think my favourite thing about his work is his backgrounds. Whether it's just plain with different colours or tones, or on the streets, in a lift, infront of a bookcase; he always manages to use his surroundings to the best of his advantage and I think that he has carefully planned out his locations to make his images so aesthetically pleasing. All of his styles of work have inspired me to create something similar in my own work. I love the sepia/black and white vintage shots. I also love how he has used mirrors and I would quite like to produce something with mirrors myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment