Tuesday 22 November 2011

DOCUMENTARY Assignment : Task 3 : Recreating a photographer's work : Zed Nelson
















These images were taken in the style of Zed Nelson. His set of images 'Gun Nation' inspired me to take some photographs on the theme of one subject/object. Instead of guns, I chose to photograph around the theme of handbags. Although Nelson's 'Gun Nation' is a black and white set of images I have chosen to keep mine in colour. I like the richness of the images and diversity of colours in different handbags. For some of the images in this set I have applied effects in photoshop to make sure the audience's focus is on the handbags. For some I added a gaussian blur to the image and used the eraser tool over the handbag to make it in focus and the rest of the image slightly blurry. For others I selected the handbag in the image and increased the saturation to make the handbag stand out more. I really like the idea of photographing a theme of something and have that theme running through a whole set of images.



Here are the images that I was trying to recreate taken by Zed Nelson:












No comments:

Post a Comment