Wednesday 2 November 2011

STUDIO TECHNIQUES Assignment : Task 3 : Developing Ideas





Inspired by these images taken by James Nader, I would like to do some studio photography along the lines of beauty/fashion. I would like to use a model with artistic make-up and possibly a coloured background. I really like the greeny tones on the background of the bottom left picture, this inspired me to create something using peacock colours. Here I have brainstormed the theme of peacocks and collected some images:














From these images I have decided to test out makeup ideas on myself:







For this look I played around with blue, green and purple eyeshadows based on the colours in a Peacock. I really like the colours however I think the makeup needs to be more dramatic e.g. false eyelashes, feathers on the face or hair.


Here I have applied a purple graduated tint over my image. This was inspired by James Nader's portraiture shots where there appears to be a coloured tint around the model. I don't really like this effect as it makes my skin look quite dull and doesn't really look like Nader's work.


This is an original image.



Here I have boosted the saturation of my eye make up. I have also edited the background to look more like Nader's images. It works really well with the colours of my eye shadow.



Here I have tried to apply a 'halo effect' to look more like the backgrounds in James Nader's work. I really like this effect and I think that when I do the shoot I may tone down the colour of the tinted background so it doesn't take attention away from my model or her makeup.



Further make-up ideas:








Set up:

I would like my photographs to be in a high key format.



Further make-up development:








Here I have altered the make-up slightly by adding a pair of false eyelashes, green eyeliner and a nude lip. I think this lip looks better than my original pink one because it doesn't draw attention away from the main feature of the eyes.











Here I have added a pair of dramatic false eyelashes. I think they are fabulous and I love the blue tones going through them however I'm not definately going to use them in my final piece because they may be a little too over the top. I think I will try and find a middle ground between the two pairs of eyelashes that I experimented with. I definately think false eyelashes should be a feature in this shoot.











Here I used a blue flash diffuser to try and create a different effect on my image. I thought this would work well with the blues and purples in my eye make-up however it just makes the images look quite dull and I really wanted the background to be blue toned instead of the foreground (my subject). I won't be using blue flash diffuser's in my final photoshoot.








For this look I made the make-up even more dramatic. I used real peacock feathers to create this interesting head piece. I then used the thin feathers to create the eyebrows. I also used feather eyelashes to add to the look. I like this make-up and thought I would need to go very dramatic for a beauty photography shoot however I think this may be too over the top.



Here I toned down the look by removing the feather eyelashes and adding some plain ones.








No comments:

Post a Comment