Monday 7 November 2011

IMAGE AND TEXT Assignment : Task 4 : Creating modern in-camera techniques



For this effect I applied a yellow colour fill over the top of my image to imitate the effect my skin coloured tights gave to an image I took using in-camera effects. Once I had applied the fill effect I reduced the opacity to make it less bright.
This was the image I was trying to recreate using digital in-camera effects.









For this image I tried to imitate the graduated tint created by the nail varnish on cling film. To imitate the image using digital media, I used photoshop to apply a red gradient fill.
This is the original image I was trying to imitate with modern techniques.










For this effect I created a black fill layer and placed it underneath the background image - in this case the castle. I then use the eraser tool to reveal the black under layer. For the original image the in-camera technique I used was ripping up pieces of tin foil and fixing them to the camera with cling film.
This was the original image that I was trying to imitate using modern techniques.









For this image I used the smudge tool and blurred the outer edges of the photograph. This was done to imitate the blur created by applying vaseline to the edge of my lens. 
This was the original image I was trying to recreate using modern techniques.





Overall I think that the original in-camera techniques look better than the modern digital ones. I think they are more aesthetically pleasing because they appear to be more raw than the ones done in photoshop. I think that the ones done in photoshop may appear more professional however I do prefer the original ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment