Friday 18 November 2011

LO-FI ZINE Assignment : Task 2 : Research : Allison V. Smith





The above 4 images are from Smith's set 'School'. I love how the images are so simplistic yet they work really well together. Individually the photographs may be quite boring and out of context but together the set is lovely. All of the images seem to have the same colour schemes which works really well. 








Allison V. Smith likes photographing dogs and the images are beautiful. These images have inspired me to take some photographs of my dog, also in the square format. Taking photographs of my dog represents the theme of home because my house doesn't feel like a home without him in it. He is always with me when I am at home, wherever I am.. he is. I would like to create a set of test images in my house or outside of it and always involve him somehow. I think I will shoot the images digitally. 


This image looks good because the road disappearing into the distance draws your eye further into the photograph. 







DISCLAIMER: All of these images were taken by Allison V. Smith.
None of the above images are my own.



I really like Allison V. Smith's style of photography and I could see myself recreating something similar for my own Zine on the theme of home. I really like the way she mainly works in squares which isn't the normal rectangular style of photograph. I think that the fact she works in squares makes the images more artistic and more like pieces of art instead of just photographs. I really love how simplistic her images are - yet the audience can tell that she has carefully planned out the composition which makes them so successful and aesthetically pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment