Friday 11 November 2011

IMAGE AND TEXT Assignment : Task 4 : Digital in camera effects continued




For this effect I created a duplicate layer of my original image using Photoshop. I then went to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur. After I had applied the effect to make my image really blurry, I used the eraser tool and started to erase the duplicate layer which had been blurred. This revealed some of the original image. When I carried on erasing the Gaussian Blur layer I ended up with this really nice soft focus effect which is a digital version of my in-camera Vaseline effect.




For this effect I applied a red to black gradient over my image. I then decided that I didn't want the black so I used the eraser tool to remove it. I then lowered the opacity of the image so the the red tint was a bit softer. This effect would be great for altering skies on landscape photography.





For this effect I made a duplicate layer of my original image. I then applied a black fill layer over my image. Using the eraser tool, I used circular motions from the centre outwards to create the vignette effect. This is to make an imitation of old film photographs.


For this effect I made my original image black and white. After I had done that, I added a tint and adjusted the hue to create this burgundy colour. 



For this effect I used the 'vignette' technique. I applied a black fill layer over the top of my image. I then used the eraser tool to create light around the subject (skateboarder). I then went around the subject in detail to give him the appearance he is glowing.



For this effect I applied a gaussian blur filter to my image. I then used the eraser tool and started erasing the filter from the centre outwards in circular motions. Once I was happy with the amount of blur I applied a purple vignette. I chose purple rather than the classic black vignette because there was already a lot of purple and pink within the image and I thought it would enhance it. I applied a purple layer of colour on top of my image, then erased it the same way as I erased the gaussian blur filter. I really like this image as it's quite abstract and I love the colors.



For this effect I applied a gold gradient on top of my image to make the christmas decorations in the image look more christmassy. I then used the eraser tool to erase the gradient around the bicycle decoration because it's the focus of the photograph an I wanted the viewers attention to be drawn to it.



For this effect I applied a red to green filter over this image of the christmas decorations. I personally think of these two colours when I think of christmas so I thought this would bring the image into context and the audience would know what the objects were quicker than if the image wasn't red and green.



For this effect I used Filter > Distort > Glass. This effect could be created in-camera by holding a piece of mottled glass/plastic over the lens.


For this effect I applied a gaussian blur filter and erased the filter from the centre outwards to reveal the centre of the image in focus.



This image was trying to imitate the in-camera technique of applying confetti to the end of my lens. For this effect I found a picture of a heart on the internet and placed it on my photograph of my dog. I then applied the effect Multiply to the layer of the image with the heart. This made it blend into the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment