Sunday 6 November 2011

LO-FI ZINE Assignment : Task 2 : Research : Marjolaine Ryley















I love how this image doesn't show faces. It is quite simple yet I can relate to this being homely - breakfast in bed. This is interesting because it can appeal to an audience because they can relate to it without seeing faces yet it can be very personal to the photographer.


This photograph again doesn't include faces - appealing to the audience yet being personal to the photographer. I really like this image and the angle Ryley has taken it from. It is quite a comical angle that the faces have been cut off.






DISCLAIMER: All of these images were taken by Marjolaine Ryley.
None of the above images are my own.


These images by Marjolaine Ryley really relate to this project because they are all objects/places taken around the home. I really like how she works in a square format instead of the standard rectangular shape photographers usually work in, it adds something different to her work and almost makes you focus more on her subject of each photograph. I also really love the style of her images and when we were given this task I could see myself taking pictures of close up objects that represent home to me. I love her use of shallow depth of feild and the gorgeous blur in her images.

No comments:

Post a Comment