Sunday 6 November 2011

DOCUMENTARY Assignment : Task 1 : Research : Rosalind Solomon




These three images use narrative because they show people who have suffered injuries and have lost limbs. Although they are suffering a disability the images use narrative because they show how they cope with their lives and how they get on like normal. 






This image appears to be either a son or a grandson looking after their family member.





Solomon uses narrative well because her images look so real and you can tell as an audience that the subject(s) have stories behind them and they are not models. I really like her work how it is black and white and I really like the square format. She was reported to have said "I have tried colour and I have tried digital. Neither gives me the sense of depth that I feel with black and white".

No comments:

Post a Comment