Sunday 27 November 2011

DOCUMENTARY Assignment : Task 5 : Evaluation

Overall I have really enjoyed this Documentary assignment. I have enjoyed looking at how photographers use narrative within their images. This is something that I have never looked at before, and I didn't know how powerful an image or a set of images can be to convey meaning. I have especially enjoyed looking at the work of Zed Nelson. He uses his sets of images to show a theme/meaning and convey his opinions on the subject he was photographing. I can definately see myself using this technique of having a theme in future projects. I really love how the images can show the theme obviously or in a subtle way.

I have also really enjoyed looking at the work of Richard Avedon and have especially enjoyed recreating it. I liked seeing the images develop in photoshop as I changed the colours to look like Avedon's black and white images with sepia tones. I have also really enjoyed looking closely at the technique of a photographer and breaking down the images to understand how they showed narrative and how to recreate the images. Instead of just looking at the original impact of an image and how aesthetically pleasing it is, we explored how photographers have used different colours and techniques to convey different meanings.

I am really pleased with the outcomes of my recreating work. I recreated the images of Richard Avedon - In The American West, Richard Drew - 9/11 and Zed Nelson - Gun Nation / Love Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment